CONCERT CHOIR Mr. Wilson Period 7 AC14
The purpose of this class is to learn fundamentals of singing, learn an appreciation for all types of vocal music, and to enjoy music and singing.
1. Be on time to class. Attendance will be taken by the choir secretary at the beginning of class. Your grade will be docked for time that you are missing from class.
2. Respect is expected. Not only for me, but for the classroom itself and your fellow classmates.
3. Be prepared with proper music and a pencil for each class. You can take your music home to practice, however you are expected to have it during every class period.
4. No gum chewing. You cannot sing properly with gum in your mouth!
5. Have a positive attitude. Period. You are in a "select" group of students, all of whom want to sing and perform. If you do not have the proper attitude, class morale will be brought down.
6. You are expected at ALL CONCERTS, MASSES AND SPECIAL EVENTS!!! If you are not present, your grade will be affected.
7. Each student will be responsible for a $50 participation fee, which will be due on or before September 24th. This will go towards any choir activities we have outside of school which require school bus transportation, rental of choir gowns and apparel and any parties/events we may do. We will be doing a fundraiser in September to help offset this cost.
This year, we will be performing a concert version of the musical LES MISERABLES: STUDENT EDITION. The performances of this will be Friday, December 7 and Saturday, December 8 at 7pm. We will be having two evening rehearsals for this, and they are Tuesday December 4 from 6pm-10pm and Thursday December 6 from 6pm-10pm. Again, attendance at both concerts and both evening rehearsals are mandatory.
Each student is required to come to one extra lesson per week. This lesson will be scheduled during one of your lunch periods or study halls. If you do not have a lunch period or a study hall, we will work something out. You will have fifteen minutes to eat your lunch, and then we will sing. Please try to bring your lunch to school on these days. If you do not come to your lessons, your overall grade will be reduced.
You will be exposed to many different types of music in choir. We could sing mass music one day, and then the next day be learning Broadway show tunes, or Christmas music, possibly classical, etc. You must have an open mind for this class! We need to expand our musical horizons. It's not all about Broadway…or Lady Gaga…or GLEE!!! J